Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SOMEWHERE

Somewhere - I saw Sophia Coppola's latest movie yesterday, after skimming a good review and seeing some pretty trailers. Oops. It was somehow not a bad movie, but it never had a story or purpose, and is just a series of pretty scenes of the actors interacting. My friend Susan didn't know what she saw, either, and not wanting to miss anything, said that she'd read some reviews when she got home. Which is what I just did. Essentially, the reviews say that this is a minimalist, modernist movie about a time in the life. In this case it's the time in the life of an actor, Johnny Marco, and some time he spent with his 11 year old daughter. This is a perfect late night, romance channel movie for when you can't sleep. It will put you right out!

I did work on sewing my nightgown yesterday by making the
buttonholes on the yolk. Here's a picture of the lace trim at the neckline. It turned out beautifully Today I plan to finish it and cut out another nightgown as well as cut out a fleece house jacket. Yea!

The barest minimum is happening with getting the house together - it's the worst it's ever been. The worst. Really the worst. So bad that I don't know where to start to feel the least bit of accomplishment or pleasure from it.
But my reaction today is to be OK with that. Slowly I'll get this done.

No comments: