Friday, January 7, 2011

NIGHTGOWN #1 FINISHED

This feels really really good. I almost didn't sew today, but had so little to go to finish my nightgown that I came upstairs and finished it, including redoing the hem. Yea!
I love this fabric, and it's super warm, and very old fashioned looking like a Lanz nightgown. I've been making these for myself for years, and the others are looking kind of worn so it's great to have a new one. I've sewn 6 out of
7 days in January. I want to make it 30 out of 31, and am on my way. I love these tiny square mother of pearl buttons for the yolk: Here's the sleeve detail. I've never made the elastic sleeves before, and I like them! Next up is this great purple and white flannel. I'm going to cut this one out tomorrow. Then I'm going to cut out a fleece jacket and embellish it with fleece cutouts from other fleece print fabrics. I'm still deciding on the color. I have to go through all my fleece patterns to see if there is anything else I wanted to make with some of the larger yardages. I have a huge amount of fleece stockpiled and it's time to use it up. Already the flannel pile is smaller with these two nightgowns. Looky!:

No comments: