Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'M STILL HERE

I'm Still Here - This wasn't the Joaquin Phoenix dvd, but rather a dvd about teenagers who wrote diaries during the holocaust. This was produced by MTV, and follows the writings of each teenager, showing pictures where available, and reading the words which were written during their experiences. It's very moving and real.
Then co-incidentally, I was watching Family Jewels, and Gene Simmons and Shannon traveled to Amsterdam where a young boy interviewed Gene and took them to the Anne Frank Museum. Gene's mother had been in a concentration camp, and he had never spoken about it, so that show was very moving as well.

In the meantime, I made great progress with the piles of stuff on the floors of my house today. I also took down the two small Christmas trees, put a bunch of stuff on Craigslist, made a Pacific Cloth holder for GC's grandmother's silver lidded soup tureen, and generally made things look a little better around here.

Now I have every intention of working on my nightgown. At last. I can't believe that I put it off all day. The thing I'm putting off is attaching the lace to the yolk, gathering the gown, and sewing it all together.

No comments: