Saturday, January 1, 2011

POSSIBILITIES

I love fabric. This is a flannel that I bought ages ago I don't remember where. My new year's resolution is to sew through my fabric stash and get rid of all the old stuff that's holding me back. To that end, I've already posted my old cutting cardboard on Freecycle and am using my new one starting now, all the time. I'm going to make a Lanz style nightgown with my trusty Butterick Pattern. Flannel and fleece take up a LOT of space, so a few nightgowns and fleece house jackets (I need a catchy name for these) will give me a quick start to my goal. I don't know whether I'll be wearing the nightgown tonight, but maybe I'll try. Tomorrow night for sure.

It's another New Year's Day, and my resolution for the day is to sew and unpack. We arrived home from Florida last night, unpacked the car, cleaned up and went to Valerie's for New Year's Eve where we had a great fun time. I love seeing the new year in with our friends. It's a happy and relaxed way to begin. I forgot to take pictures, though, so here are a few from Naples with my mother and her husband, whom we affectionately refer to as G.C. (btw Mother started the GC thing).

On the road yesterday, with nothing but my thoughts for company, I pondered Her Heart On Her Sleeve and whether to go deeper. I just don't know. I think the question is to what end? OK, here I go to sew! Happy New Year!

No comments: