Friday, January 21, 2011

EASY A

Easy A - I give this great little movie an A on all counts. After renting it a couple of days ago and falling asleep in the chair in the first 2 minutes a couple of nights ago, I decided to really watch it last night. And loved it. It's about a high school girl who accidentally changes her reputation. It's the 2000s version of an 80s high school movie, and it's super sweet and not too slick without being sappy. For added spice, there's a little Hester Prynne theme, too. I had to read The Scarlett Letter in Derderian's senior english class at Fordson. I hated/loved that class. I'd be up until 4 in the morning, writing papers on my bed in the dim lamplight. Because I put it off until 3. Then it would be too late, I was close to an all nighter, and I had to write something. That was the first class in years where I had to get an A, and nothing was going to stand in my way. It wasn't an Easy A, but I did get the A.

Today I'm going to reclaim my kitchen counters. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I like totally cleared off surfaces, especially in the kitchen. Right now they are covered with papers, probably some breakfast dishes, projects, Peter's first semester papers, and little junks that Steve puts there because he doesn't care about surfaces. He doesn't think about it, but someone put him on this earth to cover surfaces with paper and detrius. (I know it's detritus - I think we've been through this before - I might need a detrius category for the blog). It's 0 out, so I'm not going anywhere. I'll take before and after pictures and post them after I'm successful in my endeavor. I'm giving myself 2 hours for this project. Here I go....

No comments: