Wednesday, January 26, 2011

SEWING

Although I sewed and did some catching up at my upstairs desk (which, once again is really messy) I didn't accomplish nearly as much as I'd wanted to. I still have a few hours, but it's dark now, and once it gets dark it's like there's a wall that prevents me from being productive. It's great that I'm almost finished with a beautiful skirt. The fabric came from the downtown Vogue Fabrics some years ago. It's a black wool with a 5 inch band of black/white/grey. I made the skirt mid-calf length with that band at the bottom, and it looks good. So yeah. I just have to do some pressing, some hand finishing and hem it, and I'll post a picture.

Now I'm going to finish the pressing on the skirt, get the hand sewing ready so that I can do it tomorrow at bead group, look for fabric with which to recover the kitchen counter stools, go downstairs, get a load of laundry in, figure out something to eat for dinner, read the paper, read the mail, make sure the kitchen is in pristine shape, and then will I have time to do anything in the dining room? I honestly don't know. None of this sounds fun. After dark. I'm all caught up on my Scrabble games for the moment, so there's no imminent escape there. OK, Dianne, just get going!

The Cheez-It box is my new Facebook profile picture.

No comments: