Tuesday, January 18, 2011

BLACK MAMBA BOY * INCEPTION

Black Mamba Boy by Nadifa Mohamed - Another one! I'm just back from northern Africa and the 1930s and 40s. Jama is one of the most endearing characters I've encountered in a long time. His story is engrossing and unique. It will set your heart pounding, and your hopes hoping. Nadifa Mohamed is a wonderful author, and I can't wait for her to write more books. I'll be the first in line to read them.





Inception - Peter saw this the first week that it came out, but was less than enthusiastic. I was sure I'd like it if for no other reason than the auspicious reviews. Last night Steve and I watched, and Steve liked, and I fell asleep and am not sure what exactly happened. The scenes were either real or dreams. Does anyone know which was which? I just couldn't get into this one.
Spend your time reading Black Mamba Boy instead! After dozing and waking for a couple of hours of Inception, I went to bed and read Black Mamba Boy for half and hour - all awake, no problem!

No comments: