Sunday, August 15, 2010

SEWING FOR A WEEK

How am I going to do it? I wish I could do nothing but sew for a week. Every day all day long. No calls, no kitchen, just sewing, a little computer (Scrabble as a treat every time I complete a little project), no going out, no cleaning other parts of the house, no reading the paper, no having to pick up or drop off from anywhere, just Sewing, Scrabble and selling stuff to people who will come and buy it from my Craigslist ads. Blogging would be OK to report on my progress, so maybe if I list all the sewing I want to do, it will help. All I'd then have to do is choose a week.
1) Alter White Cotton Capris
2) Mend Peter's favorite tee shirt
3) Final fit and pin black and white pique skirt for hemming at bead group
4) Alter Jeans so they're ready when the weather gets cold
5) Alter the second pair of jeans for the same reason
6) Make Yellow Organic Cotton Nightgown with lace trim
7) Make Pink Cotton Nightgown and trim differently or make a different pattern
8) Make Pajamas for Peter
9) Do Ironing
10) Mend Pink Polka Dot Nightgown that was my YiaYia's that she probably made, and that I used to wear when I spent the night at her house that is one of my most precious possessions even though it's falling apart. It's perfect for these hot nights and takes me back to similar hot nights in Detroit on Schoolcraft sleeping with her in her room, or in the pink room, and all that that means to me, because it's about how you can't ever get it back especially since the only pictures of it are in my mind.
11) Design and make a great creative valance for my bathroom using the linen type fabric and green stripe fabric I bought for the purpose a few years ago including the green stripe that I just found recently that matches
12) Design and make two great creative valances for Peter's room using the blue denim look fabric and sailing fabric that I bought for his room for something a couple of years ago.
13) Design and make a creative summer shift piecing together the piques that I bought for the purpose a couple of springs ago.
14) Design and make a coat/jacket to match the skirt that I completed last fall with the raw silk pink/peach Chanel like suiting I bought last year.
15) Fix up the felted sweater purse by working on the handle to strengthen it and improve its look
16) Finish sewing the black wool skirt with self trim that I cut out last winter
17) Make a ton (at least 50) of shoe bags for all my friends for Christmas gifts this year even though the two who read this blog now know what they might be getting.
18) Make some carryall bags with the heavy pink canvas and trim it prettily
19) Make a denim wallet and trim it with the stud trims and beadazzler and then use it
20) Make a plan for all the fleece and all the flannel that I bought ahead so that it gets sewn this year and clears a ton of shelf space for me
21) Pull out the Singer 301 Slant Shank Featherweight, set it up, take pictures of it and list it for sale on Craigslist to free up space and share a great machine with a sewer
22) Make myself a Scrabble nightgown with the Scrabble pants flannel
23) Make a cool scarf with the crushed velvet
24) Make Steve a pair of pajamas if any of the flannel is appropriate for a guy
25) I forgot to add up near the Peter valance project to make a duvet cover or box spring cover for Peter's bed that matches the valances because I have more than enough of that fabric, even though it will be a heavy duvet cover, so figure out some way to do it in a lighter way, like piece together the two fabrics for the top of the duvet, and use a sheet for the bottom.
If I could get even a fraction of these tasks finished, I'd be so happy. I love to sew and I want my guestroom back. If these sewing projects were completed, there would be practically nothing on that bed.

No comments: