Tuesday, August 10, 2010

PORCH DECORATING

I had a great little weekend of saling. That's house and garage saling, not Lake Michigan sailing! On Friday I found a wicker table with glass top which I thought would look great on my sun porch.
Here's the BEFORE picture of the little green table...


And Here's the AFTER picture of the new and improved pedastal table....


The little green table matched the carpet, but not the chairs, and it was dense on the bottom with that shelf. The diameter was right, but the scale was somehow off. Maybe it was too small for the chairs. The new table is lighter on the bottom, matches the chair wicker, so it's lighter overall, yet it's a larger piece of furniture. The functionality of the new table is greater, since the two chairs can be rotated to eat or play games at the table. All in all a big improvement. Future plans for the porch include new cushion and pillow covers (I bought some black background with bright color parrots and matching plain bright color fabrics a couple of years ago, but I don't know. It might be too much. I never loved this red fabric, but it has a flowery companion fabric which is on pillows that are on the wicker sofa across from these chairs. It also looks great with the red shamrock plant.
Anyone for a game of Scrabble al fresco?

No comments: