Monday, February 1, 2010

BYZANTINE SUNBURST BRACELET * FRIENDS

This past weekend started on Thursday, and was a lot of fun. Thursday, of course, was bead group. Good friends, good talk, good food. We always have a great time. Then on Friday, I went to buy beads from someone who had advertised on Craigslist. She and I had exchanged a few emails, so I knew that she had some great Sterling Silver clasps for me, some new Swarovski crystals, and maybe a few surprises. The best surprise was that Gigi was just a lovely person. She made and sold jewelry for years, and was so helpful and supportive. I made a new friend. And I found the perfect beads to enhance a beautiful vintage clasp. Thanks Gigi!
Et Voila.....

The Byzantine Bracelet is so named because of the rich detail in the clasp. It has a certain understated sparkle with an intriguing Sunburst design. The bracelet is anchored by Gigi's round Swarovski Crystal Dorado beads. The Dorados love the opaline green fresh water pearls and large unusual Bali Silver beads. This reminds me of the ever beautiful Greek sun, always shining, ever present, ever beautiful, linking history and generations from past to present and into the future.
The weekend didn't end there, though. On Saturday we were honored to witness the Bat Mitzvah of our friends' daughter. Her name means song, and when her mom spoke to her, she also sang to her daughter. In our row, we all started crying because it was so beautiful. I turned to Nancy on my right and I could tell she was choked up. I turned to Steve on my left, and there was a big tear running down his cheek. Back to Nancy..."are you crying?" I asked. She smiled, and I told her to look at Steve, whereupon we all started cracking up. It was such a treasured moment. That night the celebration brought together family and friends with joy and laughter. The band rocked, mom and her musical family played guitar and sang, we took funny pictures in the photo booth, and yes, we danced.

No comments: