Friday, February 12, 2010

TEACHING


Today I taught French as a substitute teacher at one of our local Middle Schools. It had been......well, let's just say many years since I last subbed, but I was excited to get back in the classroom, and had a fun and interesting day. My French was just about up to the task, and the students were generally very happy and energetic and hard working. I learned about Quebec, immensely enjoyed the family trees (arbre genealogiques) that a couple of the classes were working on, and also loved seeing the posters advertising French Summer Camps that another class was creating. As a bonus, an author was speaking at the school today....a 13 year old Illinois girl who has written 4 of 6 books in a published Fantasy series. Our students asked her some great questions. Maybe there were some future authors in the group. Il etait un bon jour!

No comments: