Tuesday, February 23, 2010

PROGRESSING * ORGANIZING AGAIN!

I'm ready to finish my office-sewing room today. I've got paper on my desk, things to sell on Craigslist (I did sell the Keith Haring pictures yesterday, yea!), messy sewing surfaces, 3 pairs of jeans to alter, and a pile of pillows and the fabric with which to cover them. It sounds like a lot, but it's pretty doable if I keep moving. Just like the other day, I'll post my progress. If it looks really great at the end of the day, I'll even post a picture of the happy finished results. I CAN DO THIS! Then at the end of the day, I'm inspired to make a certain crystal necklace, and get started on the Mykonos pearl necklace, or at least started on pearl knotting a bracelet, so that when I pearl knot on Mykonos, it will turn out perfectly. And while I do all this, I'll listen carefully to that Nick Hornby CD to see if the music speaks to me the way it speaks to him. At the very end of the day, maybe I'll continue to work on my website at herheartonhersleeve.com. I've owned the domain name for a few years now, and every once in awhile I'd make a webpage. So far, not good. I saw a website that I loved over the weekend, and decided to use that as inspiration for my own site. The inspiration is clean and modern. Last night I created a homepage using a Mac how to book and iWeb. Now all I have to do is get the iWeb page over to the domain. It can't be that difficult, but I haven't figured it out yet. Plus, I'd like to have a few pages for the site before an official launch.
But first things first.
Checking In: This is not working! I'm going backwards today. I took apart half of a pair of jeans, deciding that today was the day to experiment with a particularly fine restyling job. Except these were already sewn up like I've never seen. And at the same time I listened to a few of the Hornby songs, and like half of those. I started in on iWeb again, and made another page, which will be a photo page into my jewelry collections.
On top of everything else, I didn't put the space heater on in the room with me, so my hands are now like blocks of ice, gfn, (good for nothing) and I'm freezing! It's time for a Do Over...
Final Check In: I cleaned out some old files and recycled paper in a very impressive way. I ironed on the 2009 patch to Peter's last year cross country sweatshirt. I moved those Craigslist items to the back bedroom under the dresser (I might have to refer back to this note to remember where those items were relocated!) Experimented with the new steamer iron and love it. Desk is much more organized. Vacuumed in here too. Decided which Hornby songs to keep, and imported them to iTunes. And finally I'm working on a picture page for my website. I think I've got the organization set up the way I want it, and I'm figuring out this iWeb. It's time for a popcorn and tv break! Yea!

No comments: