Tuesday, February 2, 2010

MY LIFE IN FRANCE * MY LIFE IN MY LIFE

My Life in France by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme - I've been savoring this book for weeks, relishing each and every moment of Julia's life. The memoir is one of my favorite genres, and this one is very tasty, indeed. Julia and Paul Child lived their lives with zest and hard work and artistry. And of course the food. At one point in the story, they were being transferred from Paris to Marseilles, and on their last night in the city of lights, Julia writes "When you know your time in a place is running out, you try to fix such moments in your mind's eye". Her fellow author Simca, wrote the entire dessert chapter in Mastering the Art of French Cooking.....I want to make "bavarois a l'orange, mousseline au chocolat, and "her magnificent charlotte Malakoff with almonds". I'll keep you posted!

My life in my life: I have a few more days until my show and am beading my heart out. A pile of books are due back to the library, so this morning I quickly went through them all while watching Oprah. Here are some mini reviews:
Quilting In No Time - Sweet quilted projects perfect for a beginner
The Really Really Really easy Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Your Family tree Using Your Computer - It's all there in the title but I don't really know if it is.
A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words - A writing workbook using photos to get the juices flowing
Field Guide: How to be a Fashion Designer - If someone gets to be a fashion designer using this book, I'll eat my sewing machine.
"We need to talk" tough Conversations with your Spouse - This is good stuff. Both spouses would need to read it, then both would need to follow it.
Release Your Brilliance by Simon T. Bailey - Good motivational stuff

OK, I'm off to vote and return these books to the library. Then home to make fabulous inspirational jewelry.

No comments: