Sunday, February 21, 2010

NICK HORNBY SONGBOOK

Nick Hornby Songbook - by Nick Hornby - This is a small compilation of comments and reviews and discussion about new and old songs, and includes a compilation CD. It's a bit wordy for me, but here and there a sentence or thought rings so true, that it was worth the read. I have this plan where I'll look up each song (they aren't all on the CD) and listen to it on You Tube. And maybe I will. I've listened to the CD three times this afternoon while sorting through last year's paperwork and files, but didn't really hear a thing. They were all ballads, and I have a feeling that the lyrics are going to be most important when I relisten. Which I'll have to do, because I agree with him on just enough music to make it worth my while. Then we'll see if any of these tunes ends up on a Dianne playlist. After all that, all I'll have to do is figure out who gets the book next.
Any takers?

No comments: