Thursday, February 18, 2010

ORGANIZING.......AGAIN!

I know, I know....We've been here before. I walked into my office/sewing room this morning, and realized that for the past few weeks, I've felt like walking right out of it every time I've come in here. And it's my favorite room in our house, so that's not good. Today is the day. The bead group members are scattered and not going to meet, so I'll take this bonus day to get my room back in shape. There are things on all the surfaces, on the floor, and on the backs of chairs. If I realize that I'm not getting the job done, I'll post some pictures in an hour or so. I'd rather just post the "after" shots later this afternoon, though. I've got the iTunes fired up to that great little sound track from Happy People, so here goes......
And I promise not to read the Chicago Tribune until this job is done. (But I might go outside and bring it in.) Help!
Progress: * I've posted 7 items on Craigslist * I've just put away the last of the Christmas tablecloths and towels that were on the back of my desk chair-Yea! * Just sewed the top part on these industrial socks that Steve has had for maybe 20 years. When I realized that these things were members of the family, I also darned the tiny hole I spotted. When's the last time YOU darned a sock? With your wooden sock darner. This 2 minute project might be at the bottom of the whole sewing room slide this time. I don't know. I don't really want to go there either. * Just finished ironing, and put all the clothes away, too * Answered the phone to a number I didn't recognize, and it was for a Market Study, and I qualified. * Serged the edges of the homemade box spring cover that I'd washed and put it back on the bed * Cleared the papers and label packages off the printer and put them all away
So I went downstairs to get a bite to eat and welcome Peter home from school. He wasn't feeling well, so I made him a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies, and read the paper while they were baking. Did some downstairs deskwork, and now it's dark out and I don't feel like doing anything else in my little office without the natural light, so although there is an improvement, I haven't finished my tasks. Maybe this weekend.....

No comments: