Sunday, January 10, 2010

SANTORINI BRACELET


I've always been fascinated with the 1920's...the jazz age. Art Deco, flappers, the Charleston, Palm Beach, the stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald. (That's how it started, actually-we all know I'm not necessarily a student of history otherwise). I'm fortunate to live in a 1920s designed and built home, and my eye always goes to an Art Deco look when I see it. It's totally modern, yet classic. Symmetrical elegance. The Santorini Bracelet is so called because it is once again made of those materials that remind me of the black "sand" volcanic beaches of Santorini.
This bracelet pairs round jet beads with silvery crystal roundels. The clasp is magnificent - a deco gem composed of diamond-like gemstones set into a vintage button which has recentl
y been set into Sterling Silver. Understated and elegant, wear it with that simple little black dress, or any time you're in all one color. The deco element will always surprise, never disappoint. It's truly timeless fashion.

No comments: