Wednesday, January 6, 2010

MORE ON FACEBOOK


So my facebook profile photo is a great photo of me taken in the summer in Florence - a highlight of 2009. It's black and white and looks like a good photo of me. BUT, when you look at other people's facebook photos, they are often not well composed and have other people in them but cut off, like they are part of a group but the person just edited their own face for the profile. Is that a better thing to do? Does that show that you have real life friends who you are in pictures with? Does it show that you are more popular? I must say that the people with those kinds of photos have the most numbers of friends, and I would have to add that they probably don't obsess about these things the way I do. Also my photo, not being colorful, looks kind of bad in the newsfeed. Maybe the photo where I'm obviously sitting at a table would be better, or a color photo would look better on newsfeeds. Some people would put all the photos in a profile folder, but I don't like that idea. So now I check 2 emails and facebook every day. This is unbelievable. Maybe since I have so much time to goof around with Facebook, I could just change my profile photo every week or so, or whenever I feel like it. That might just be the answer, and sometimes I could just put a picture of something I like on there. I almost made my facebook photo a picture I took of the glow in the dark carpeting at our local bowling alley. It's sort of outer-spacey firework-y and very colorful on a black background.

No comments: