Tuesday, January 26, 2010

HEAD CASE * GET OFF YOUR "BUT" * CHOCOLATE

Head Case - My friend Sue showed me this show on her Starz On Demand last week, so I decided to do something I rarely do, which is to get the whole season DVD at the library and watch it. In a week. I thought there were only a few shows to this craziness, but there were more like 12 or 15, and I watched them all in the last two nights. Alexandra Wentworth plays a therapist to the stars, Elizabeth Goode. She is funny and irreverent, and anything goes. She's very insecure and crazy and it's a fun show to watch.

Get Off Your "But" - by Sean Stephenson - Is this not the best title for a self help book?
Sean is a real life therapist in the
western suburbs of Chicago, and he's had to overcome many obstacles in his life. I zipped through this book yesterday and just now took a look at Sean on You Tube . This is the book I'd recommend to any young person with excuses or negative self talk. Sean's message comes across as true and sincere.

I've been craving chocolate lately, and fortunately or unfortunately there is a lot of chocolate in the house. Just when I think I am getting to the end of the supply, I stumble onto some more, like last week at group when Susan asked if I wanted to take the box of Frango Mints since no one else was interested in them. "Sure" I said, "Steve loves these", while refusing the offer of vegetables and hummus. It's more like Dianne loves these, as well as the Twix I conveniently keep in the old fashioned covered silver soup tureen my mom and George gave me (really one of my favorite hiding places for chocolate), and the M & Ms in the drawer of the dining room credenza, the Fanny May chocolate bars in the kitchen cupboard stash, and the big box of mint chocolate covered graham crackers which is almost finished. Yesterday I got into the last of the four plastic inserts of those. Each plastic insert has three sections of thin mint crackers. I eat one section then give them over to Steve and say "finish these!".
A couple of nights ago I made some microwave Moulten Chocolate cakes with the Frango Mints. I'd made them for group, but over baked them by a minute or so and they were delicious but not moulten enough. Here's the recipe:

Microwave Moulten Chocolate Cakes
1/4 pound butter
4 oz chocolate (any chocolate; adjust sugar for sweetness)
1/2 to 1 cup confectioners sugar (depends on sweetness of chocolate)
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
6 Tablespoons flour

Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Butter 4-6 custard cups

Melt the chocolate & butter in the microwave for 1 minute.
Remove from microwave and whisk until the chocolate completely melts
Whisk in the sugar and combine well
Whisk in the eggs one at a time, then the egg yolks
Stir in the flour

Pour into custard cups
Bake at 425 12 - 15 minutes depending on how well done you want the edges to be.
Cool them for 5-10 minutes and enjoy

No comments: