Wednesday, July 28, 2010

THE HURT LOCKER * LEAP YEAR

The Hurt Locker - This movie was the winner of a ton of Oscars this year, and now I know why. It's so much better than the previews and clips that I'd seen which frankly, didn't entice me to the movie. I just wanted to watch something with Peter, and I knew he'd be into it, since he plays war games on XBox. We were glued to the screen. It's about a team of soldiers who diffuse bombs in Iraq. And although the scenes from the previews and clips are there, the story as a whole is so much better. This was more than worth the price of the rental.

Leap Year - I fell asleep, but didn't care. What I wanted to be a sharp edgy little modern movie was slow and painful. Amy Adams is a great actress, but I didn't like her wardrobe, didn't like the male leads, and the dialog was non-existent. Here is a case where the previews were so much better than the movie itself. This was worth negative the price of rental, so on both I came out ahead because The Hurt Locker was so great.

No comments: