Thursday, January 22, 2009

ORGANIZING * BAD CANDY

I love chocolate. It's in my bones to love chocolate. Chocolate and peanut butter is a particular favorite. Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Baskin Robbins Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Fudge....you get the idea. I had a coupon for a new product called the Reeses Whipped Candy Bar. Dollar off 2. At Walgreens with a sweet tooth, I grabbed a couple of these and used up that coupon. Got in the car, tore it open, took a bite.......hmmm......that's not really mouth watering. I must be wrong. Try again. This thing is actually dry. I was hungry, so ate most of it before I wrapped the wrapper around it and took it home to Steve. I studied the wrapper of the second candy bar, and saw THIS : 40% less fat?!? Who are they fooling? Me I guess.

My desk is still neat as a pin, and it makes me so happy to sit at the computer now. Except I didn't tell you that at least a few pieces of paper from the desk landed on the floor behind the desk, in an already partly messy sewing room. Have a look: If my mom taught me anything, it was to not let things get to the floor. That's the ulitmate in slob her her book. And here I am. So....in the spirit of what moved me on Tuesday, and in honor of bead group, which isn't happening today due to out of town-ness, busy-ness and ambivalence-ness, I am going to clean this up. Now! It will be a thrill and a pleasure to show the "after" picture by the end of the day. It's nice and sunny in here, and when I return, I hope to show a completed darling brown bed jacket/house coat along with a neat imagination-inspiring room.

I haven't started yet, because it wouldn't be honest not to show the hallway where I was going to probably dump everything from the sewing room! Here it is...not as sunny, but not bad as hallways go, with a nice little path between the stuff on the bookshelf and on the floor and hanging over the railing. I'll probably keep the ironing board there, but move the bookshelf into the sewing room. Until then.....I am busy organizing....Signing off at 12:00 noon.

It's now 10:00 PM, with all the similar interruptions that I had Tuesday, I've almost accomplished my goal. The sewing room is neat, and I've even finished a few projects. Altered a skirt, sewed Peter's button on, sewed up some pockets on a pair of slacks, Freecycled a puzzle, and brought the room into its new organized state: The hallway is improved, but not yet camera ready. The curtain rods are gone, stored in a specially sewn appropriately shaped pocket, and stored away where I can find them. The brown fleece jacket is appliqued, and ready to sew tomorrow. Here are the pattern pieces. I would have finished it tonight if the serger had been set up with the brown thread. It's not difficult to change threads on the serger, it's just my own little mind block, since it can't be done as quickly as changing thread on a sewing machine. Yes, the sleeves are pieced together. I hope it won't look too cheesy when finished. I didn't want to buy more fleece!

No comments: