Monday, January 5, 2009

THE HILLS ~ THE CITY ~ BROMANCE ~ AND MORE!

I finished a great book, and have meant to write about it and recommend it, but now I can't find the reminder scrap of paper among all the scraps with all the reminders on my desk. If my camera weren't malfunctioning I'd take a quick picture to prove to you that my desk has more reminder scraps on it than anyone else's desk.

I have a confession. I think Mtv might be my favorite station. The Hills is over for the season, possibly forever, but The City has begun, and it is great. I've always loved sensible pretty Whitney, but now that she's got her own show, she's really as goofy as all the rest, and better than ever. Anyone can admit that they like The City. Cases could be made for interest in the world of New York fashion, New York scenery, life in New York. However, the fact that Bromance is a don't miss for me is a little scary, even to myself. It's the same premise as Paris Hilton's My New BFF, where the celebrity, (Paris in that case) gives a group of people weekly challenges and missions, and each week chooses a winner (someone who is generally protected from elimination that week) and a loser (the eliminatee). On Bromance, it's Brody Jenner looking for a new BFF to join his posse of guys who go around LA and sometimes to
Mexico partying. What a life. Brody is darling and funny and smart. Did I say What a life!? And guess what, it's Monday night, so I get to see a new The City and a new Bromance episode! Yea! Sorry, those purple titles are not links.

Last night I finally took that shrunken Eileen Fisher sweater, cut off the arms, and hand sewed it into a purse shape. Tonight I want to line it and put the shoulder strap on, and tomorrow I want to carry it. Which means maybe I'll go somewhere tomorrow, because I kind of wanted to stay in. Except I have to go somewhere because the ice is all melted and this is a chance to walk on dry sidewalks no matter how cold it is out there. Today I walked to the library and checked out the pattern drafting book again as well as the iPhoto and iTunes how to books. Ooohhh! The scrap with the name of that book just slipped out from underneath my keyboard:

The Red Scarf - by Kate Furnivall Was a wonderful book. Taking place in Siberia and a Russian village in 1917, and then the 1930s, it's a story of human endurance against the background of the Russian Revolution and the ensuing events that occurred in a small village. The main characters, Sofia and Anna are strong compelling women who just lived one day at a time and did what they had to do to survive.


No comments: