Monday, January 7, 2008

QUITTING SHOPPING - DAY 7 - MOVIES

In 2008 I still haven't shopped or been in a store other than Panera for lunch today. Yea!
I'm not sure I thought I could make it this far, except this little blog keeps me honest. I've been watching a lot of movies, though. Mostly on TV, but also went to see Juno.

Juno - Loved this movie. It tells the story about someone nice and fun and different. It makes no judgements. You get to decide all for yourself what you think about everything in the movie. I don't like to give away the story when reviewing a movie. Which is why I don't read movie reviews. And when choosing DVDs I look for good comments and awards. I hardly ever see a bad movie with this system.

Paris Je T'aime - Rent this one. It's a series of little movies set in Paris. All different characters and many well known faces. It's charming, and made me want to go to Paris, except who can afford it right now with the dollar taking the hit that it's taking against the euro.

Bossa Nova - This is a wonderful wonderful movie loaned to me by my friend Susan B. She knows what I like in a show! Let's just say it takes place in Rio and it's a story about love. Beautiful scenery. There are those that would call this a chick flick, but Steve really enjoyed it, too.

Music and Lyrics - Saw it on HBO the other night. This is a funny and fun movie. I had no idea that we would enjoy it so much. Hugh Grant does this character like only he can do, and Drew Barrymore is sweet and likeable.

Accepted - A really funny movie. Don't watch it unless you want to laugh and give up all your expectations going in. The star is Justin Long, who is the Mac in the Apple commercials. Remember - if you take things too seriously, this isn't the movie for you.

Children of Men - A hollywood "what if" "end of world as we know it" type movie. It's good, just not my favorite genre. If there's nothing else on, it's a good watch.

And you know how that is....400 channels, a full DVR line up, and nothing to watch!
Life is Good.




No comments: