Monday, January 21, 2008

QUITTING SHOPPING - DAY 21

I can't believe I've gone 21 days without shopping. It's actually getting easier. I wish I was getting more done, but that's just how it goes. At least I'm not getting nothing done and then shopping too! The thing about shopping in the 2000s is that everything is very generic. There is not much original to shop for....which means that I've been shopping for fabric and yarn and beads and scrapbook stuff so that I can create the original myself. And now I have a lot of stuff with which to create. And I will create and I will post the pictures here on my blog.

Inspiration and Creativity: I just read that Jimi Hendrix said something like First learn everything there is to know, then forget all of it, then go on and play. I think it was about playing the guitar, but it applies to anything. I tried to find the exact quote, but came upon a website with other Jimi quotes, and got sidetracked for awhile. Did you ever notice that the biggest sidetracker of modern life is the World Wide Web?
Is that good or bad? Probably both. So where was I? And the better you are at it, the more of a sidetracker it is!


Vanity Fair: This is a wonderful movie with Reese Witherspoon. A period piece with beautiful scenery and scenes. It's a great story. I don't remember being aware of it in the theatres, but anyone who loves 18th Century British will enjoy this one.

My Super Ex-Girlfriend: Better than expected, but only if you watch it for free On Demand, or wait until it's on cable. It's a fun movie for a family with older children. Who doesn't like watching Luke Wilson?

Unaccompanied Minors: A great family movie in the kids on their own genre. We really enjoyed it and were laughing out loud throughout. This is great for children of any age. Thanks to Val for recommending it!






No comments: