Tuesday, January 22, 2008

QUITTING SHOPPING - DAY 22

No one is more surprised than I am that I haven't bought a thing since before January 1st. I have a little pent up demand for things that I'll buy when this is over, but it because of our frigid weather, it hasn't been so bad. Today I started on the project to make tiebacks for the living room curtains. I want them to be nice, professionally done, and I've only had the fabric and lining piled up for almost a year. I've just completed six of the lining-over-heavy interfacing pieces, and tomorrow I'll cut my fabric and complete the tiebacks. The fabric is beautiful....sort of a silky fabric with embroidered flowers and vines on it. It will add some richness and elegance to the curtains which have been held back with strips of narrow ribbon since I don't know when.
Here's a picture:
It's not quite as bright as this, but this gives a good idea of the look. There are a lot of prints now going on in that room, but nothing really clashes. It's where we watch tv and relax at night. It's on it's way to being a prettier more pulled together place where we watch tv and relax. The tiebacks are fun to make so far because they are easy and fast. I'll have some fabric left over, becuase I bought enough for 12 tiebacks, but now I have the curtains sort of framing the fireplace and the other wall so I only need 6 tiebacks now. Hmmmm. What can I make with the rest of the fabric? Maybe there will be enough to cover the ottoman or to make a table cover. Or some runners for the dining room table and mantle.

I am also happy with myself for taking more photos for the yearbook today, and getting them from my camera to the computer. So that tomorrow I can make two more yearbook pages. I will be so relieved when that project is over. The good thing about it is that I practiced photoshopping absent students into group photos. A couple of them are pretty good if I do say so. BTW, when people send you email forwards of unusual pictures, please know that they are fakes. With digital manipulation, photos can be changed to look like anything. Today I received photos of an albino deer. (This might have been real) But come on, is there really an albino peacock out there in the world? I think that one is a fake. Unless I see it with my own eyes, I don't believe that one exists. Be a skeptic. That's what I say. And believe in yourself.
Know what you believe from a core place. When someone tells you something, consider it, and then decide if you believe it. And decide how you want to incorporate it into your knowledge and beliefs.

No comments: