Thursday, January 24, 2008

QUITTING SHOPPING - DAY 24 AND MORE

I wonder if I should quit shopping some more after this is over? I love all the down time, and the lack of stress of shopping. Here's a great movie recommendation. This is right up there with Bossa Nova and one of the others.....

A Good Year: Russell Crowe plays a hot shot London guy who goes to Provence. I don't want to say anymore about it except to say that it's wonderful. There's a quick scene near the end, when he goes back to London, when a fellow who looks just like my brother walks through the scene. We 15-second-backed it five or six times! I loved the movie so much that for the first time, I'm tempted to tell more about it, but you'll find out more from the DVD cover if you peak. So it's on HBO now, possibly On Demand, or search the menu for it and record it on your dvr.

How about these DVRs? This little machine is the best invention of all the new technology if you love tv. The only thing that could make it better for me would be if it could record three shows at once, and if it could hold even more programming in memory. I typically run it at 70-80% full because I like to keep good shows on there and watch them over again. And there are only so many tv watching hours in the day!

Celebrity Apprentice isn't as good without Gene Simmons. But I'll still watch.



No comments: