Monday, May 21, 2012

A GROWN UP KIND OF PRETTY * STILL PURGING

A Grown Up Kind of Pretty by Joshilyn Jackson - Is there such thing as an Identity Mystery genre? If so, then that's what this is, and I really enjoyed the voices in this novel about a young grandmother, her wild daughter and her sweet granddaughter. It's an easy and quick read, a bit of a page-turner and very modern with the old-fashionedy (as either the grandmother or granddaughter would say) feel of the deep south where it takes place.

On the purging front, I am having a difficult time. One of my Freecycle friends came by and offloaded a few bags, and after chatting with Valerie about this madness, we decided that she (the freecycle friend not Val) would be a great person to just pick up the rest of the stuff. I emailed her and she responded that she had found homes for all the other stuff, and that she could probably pick up the rest of it this afternoon. I'm determined to go big here. Wish me luck. I need it. Once she takes another load, I hope it will make a difference and inspire me to go all the way with this.

No comments: