Monday, May 28, 2012

ANGRY HOIUSEWIVES EATING BON BONS

Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik - I kept seeing this title pop up in the various places I see titles pop up, and was intrigued until I picked up the book at the library and saw that it was in the shape of the casual beach reading paperbacks I used to read in the 1990s. Complete with super small print. I put on my reading glasses and decided to dig in. No wonder it was popping up on book lists. Angry Housewives is about a group of neighbors who form a book club and sisterhood, and the story follows their lives for 30 years. Faith, Audrey, Kari, Slip, Merit, and then Grant are all of us. They define friendship, love, loyalty and sisterhood. What could be more beautiful?

Summer is here! The past two days were super hot and sunny and Peter helped me to open up our screened porch. A few years ago I bought new fabric with which to cover the chair cushions, and yesterday I started the project. The first two are finished and look great. At some point I'd cut into the main fabric, so I have to do a little patching and piecing to get the third cushion finished, but all in all I'm happy with the fabric which is a black background with colorful parrots as the print. I have solid fabrics in three of the colors from the print with which to make coordinating pillows. By finally using this fabric, I've freed up some shelf space in one of the fabric closets, so some of the fabric that is here and there (on the bed and nightstand in the guest room) can now be put away. As soon as I've finished, I'll post pictures of my happy little porch.

No comments: