Thursday, March 11, 2010

A SERIOUS MAN

A Serious Man - Yesterday I thought I rented the movie A Single Man, but when it started out with this funny little old fashioned fable, I knew I had the wrong movie. I'm not sure at what point I realized that I had the Coen brothers movie with a similar name, but it's so great that I did, because I loved it. It's about a guy, a serious man, whose world is pretty much imploding on him. It's very watchable, quirky, serious and funny. The Bonus Features on the DVD were long, but good, especially the last one translating yiddish words and expressions into english. I was familiar with most of them, but enjoyed learning some new ones.

I've been thinking a lot about decorating, since I'm about to embark on some painting around here. I want dramatic stunning spaces, but have realized that those usually come at the expense of light, since the easiest way to bring drama in is to paint with strong colors. The truth is that I am more comfortable in light filled rooms. I don't mind mono-chromatic rooms, though, and I am rather tired of the heavy gold frames and some of my traditional lamps. Even my rugs, which I love, bring darkness into the rooms. So what to do?

No comments: