Saturday, March 20, 2010

FRIENDS * CLOSETS

Friends: I didn't sub on Monday, so I made a spring skirt with fabric I bought for last spring. So that was good. Creativity. Something accomplished. Then on Tuesday went to the Housewares Show which is a long tiring yet fun day. That night I fell into bed at 10:30! The next day drove up to Jenny's lake house in Wisconsin, where Jenny, Sue and I played Mexican Train, Double Solitaire, some other card game with 6 cards that Jenny kept remembering new rules for and Rumikub. All to the accompaniment of iPod music, appetizers and tasty beverages. I even got the new skirt hemmed! Came home yesterday afternoon, and went to a fun girls' night at Nancy's house in honor of our friend and friend-networker, Pam, who has moved to New Jersey, and who we dearly miss. It is so great to see Pam. She is still gathering us all together. Today went to a few house sales with Nancy, (scratched the itch as she says) found a lovely crystal pear, Waterford either shot glass or dram cup, (where the workers have a dram of whiskey each day twice during their whiskey making shift - at least they did when I toured the Johnny Walker factory in Scotland ages ago) and some other stuff that I now can't recall. Never a dull moment!

Closets: My closet is a compilation at this point. I'm not sure I like it, because I keep on keeping some clothes that are really great, just not on me anymore. I want my closet to be a mix of things I can wear that look great or work great for the occasion. Not a bunch of old stuff that I keep passing by as I go to boring standbys that are comfortable. I have to say that the clothes that look the greatest are usually not the comfortablest. On me anyway.
This topic is on the table because I bought those new flat velour hangers at the show. I love hangers and a great looking closet. So something is going to have to give here, because my previous hanger system is now in serious jeopardy threatened by the new space saving system at the same time I want to clear out.
Haven't watched a show or finished a book lately. And it's snowing and slushy outside and I'm going to a fun benefit tonight and this blog about less than nothing/zero/more boring than boring is born of the fact that I have to figure out what to wear tonight, get my hair in party shape and do my nails. Enough avoidance. On to the tasks. If I really pull myself together, I'll post a picture tomorrow. Hmmm.....what did I wear to that Bat Mitzvah last month?

No comments: