Sunday, March 7, 2010

INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS

Inglourious Basterds - Why didn't I see this movie right away? Because if you tell me a movie is violent, then I shy away, same for cartoons and action films. However, this is a movie about historical events, and it's a great story. I love Quentin Tarantino because he makes a stylish movie. Every detail, every nuance, every word uttered, every note of music, has a place in the movie, and it's been very carefully thought about and included. His characters are magnetic no matter whether they're good or evil. So yeah, it's violent, I guess, but who cares? I think the Nazis were a violent bunch, and I think World War II was violent event. This is a movie, and it's really good. Tonight is Oscar night. I wonder if this one will win any awards?

No comments: