Wednesday, March 10, 2010

THE SEPTEMBER ISSUE

The September Issue - This documentary takes place in the months, weeks and days preceeding Vogue Magazine's September 2007 Issue. It follows Editor in Chief Anna Wintour, Style Editor Grace Coddington and my favorite Andre Leon Talley. I wouldn't be surprised to find that this award winning film was made to counter the reputation of Anna in the fictional The Devil Wears Prada. Yes, she's not sweet and sugary to everyone, but she gets the job done in a world where no one seems to appreciate a drive for perfection.
I loved this movie and watched many of the bonus scenes as well. My mom subscribed to Vogue for years in the 60s, 70s and 80s. I've subscribed over the years, and often buy that huge and heavy September issue. This year I bought the Italian Vogue September issue. (no one will be surprised that I still haven't read it- it's pretty daunting!) I wish I had some of those issues from the 60s and 70s. I probably have some picture cut outs from those magazines in the basement. Really.


No comments: