Wednesday, December 9, 2009

GETTING THINGS DONE * PAPER HEART * FOUR CHRISTMASES



How to get a lot done. Get up, get dressed, take child to school because husband had to leave house early, come home, get busy. NOTE: there was no checking email. This computer is my best and most insidious friend. If there was nothing else I wanted to do in the world, it would be a great little thing to have and use. Since there is so much I want to do, it's really a detraction and an inspiration killer.
I've got classic country blasting through the house, and really want to post pictures of Saturday's sale, and maybe some decorating, but it will have to wait, because as soon as I finish writing this, I'm going back downstairs.....oh! which reminds me why I came up here in the first place to iron a tablecloth because the table is cleared off for in case I have my bead group here tomorrow. OK, iron is warming up. Maybe while I'm ironing I could get the photos into iphoto and over here. Last night was fun; it was movie night, and we watched a quirky sweet little movie called

Paper Heart - with Charlyne Yi and Michael Sera - I loved this little sort of story about making a documentary about what is love and does it exist and do you believe in it. It was just a pleasure to watch and perfectly edited and maybe not acted but maybe so, and perfectly sweet. Then, since Chris had also rented another movie but wouldn't have time to watch it that night, I came home and watched

Four Christmases - You can't go wrong with Vince Vaughn. I find
him to be so regular and down to earth and funny and laid back and just a little annoying so that he's not too perfect. Add that sweet little Reese Witherspoon and make up a story that has the best opening scene in a movie in forever that I can remember, and you've got a fun little winter evening.


OK, There's the picture of my table at the Artisan Fair on Saturday. Next time it will be sharper. Maybe even edgier? Ideally, my sign would be on the wall behind me, or on the front of the table. In this case we were using cafeteria tables, so I was compelled
to put things on the bench. Watch out for compulsions. All in all it was a fun experience. I sold mostly jewelry, and a little bit of everything else. I like signage as we all know, but there's too much, here, just like on the main street of my town. I'll take my own advice next time and tone it down!

No comments: