Monday, March 2, 2009

SEWING A BLANKET WITH BLANKET BINDING


I made the little flannel blanket today, and it's just perfect. First I serged the flannel all around, then I used the zig zag stitch on my new sewing machine to attach the binding per the instructions on the Wright's Binding website. It couldn't have been easier. At the end I decided to tack down the mitered corners. I am starting to love the new sewing machine. I figured out a way to thread it super fast by avoiding the spool cap step. This has made all the difference; the reason I had continued to use the Featherweight was because it is so quick to thread. It still is, but the Singer people have sped up the threading process after all. Threading a new bobbin is a snap, too.

I had a some fabric left over from the Scrabble Pants, so I made a little surprise present for my sister-in-law, and today I made one for myself. Et Voila....
It's a Scrabble Tile bag made out of Scrabble fabric! If I could score some more of this fabric, I'd make these for everyone. So, if anyone EVER sees this fabric out there, please let me know.

It's time to make Wendy's Soup. She takes a can of Muir Glen Organic Black Bean Soup, which I have, and adds a package of Uncle Ben's Southwest Style Rice, which I don't have because I can't find it at the Jewel. I'm substituting my brown rice/wild rice combo. Heat it up and serve with Sour Cream and Grated Cheddar Cheese. I'm out of Sour Cream, and might not have the cheese, so I'll substitute an hour of Heroes, and a side of The City, and although it will be enjoyable, it won't be as good as Wendy makes it!



No comments: