Sunday, March 1, 2009

THE COUNTERFEITERS * HAMLET 2

Skip Hamlet 2. It wasn't funny in either a good way, or even worse, a bad way. We all know I'm perfectly happy to recommend a badly funny movie like Step Brothers or Superbad, but this one was a dud. There is maybe one slightly entertaining minute in it, and you'll see that in any preview.

The Counterfeiters is a different story, however. It's a true story about how the Nazi's gathered and separated a group of prisoners at a certain concentration camp and ordered them to produce counterfeit English Pounds and American Dollars with which to fund the Nazi war effort.

On a personal note, the straightening, organizing and trying to purge goes on. (and on and on and on). Along with that goes using up supplies in my fabric, beading and scrapbooking stash. Today I made a pair of Scrabble pants for my niece who outgrew her last pair. It's so nice to complete a project and get it off lists and then out of the house! Next up is a flannel blanket. I bought the fabric years ago in Mexico at the fabric store in Puerta Vallarta, and years and years before that I bought the blue satiny wide blanket binding. My favorite blankets are the satin edged ones, so I'm finally going to make one myself. Tomorrow I'll post a picture of the finished blanket, since we're supposed to have another really really cold and blustery day, and I'm going to avoid being outside. It's March now; wouldn't it be great to have some spring like weather once in a while?

No comments: