Thursday, January 12, 2017

I'LL TAKE YOU THERE * STILL RUMINATING

url.jpgI'll Take You There by Wally Lamb - It's a novel that's like a treatise. Wally wrote this one for women, to let us know that he is trying to get it. Which is great acknowledgement from any man. The book tells the story of different women in the context of their youth and the things they did that were considered successes, excesses and/or weaknesses. It feels like a lesson though, more like he's teaching and preaching much of the time instead of out and out story telling. There are stories in there, though, and they made it worth the read. Relating the keeping of family secrets to "omerta" is an interesting male take on the secrets. I didn't know that if someone in New Orleans asks "where y'at?", it simply means "how you doin?" 

Still Ruminating - Dining room table almost empty! My hair is shorter and although I don't love it, I kind of like it for a change. Today my list has become so long that I don't know where to start after I finish this blog entry and get the book over to my Pinterest board. I don't know when I'll be able to post next. Tomorrow I work, which is a big time-taker. You have to get ready, drive there, work, drive home, and get unready at home, then look around to see what to do that didn't get done that day that might have gotten done had you been at home. The reason you do it, though, is because it's a job in popular culture, one of your favorite things, and a couple of weeks later, money arrives in the mail! And that never grows old.

No comments: