Friday, January 31, 2014

LET'S EXPLORE DIABETES WITH OWLS ESSAYS, ETC.

Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls  Essays, Etc. by David Sedaris - When you want to read something light and fun with a few laughs, David Sedaris is the way to go. Each chapter is a self contained story about his life and observations, although a couple of them are fictional sarcasm and at the end of this book, you get a funny poem about dogs.  I like that the funniest lines caught me unawares, buried here and there into the essays for unexpected bursts of laughter.  (LOLs but I just saw the Curb about LOL again last week and couldn't bring myself to write it!  and I've used the exclamation point here to indicate friendliness rather than snarkiness.)   

Today I'm determined to start painting our master bedroom.  This is going to be a real challenge, because it's a mess with stuff all over the place, and because the furniture is super heavy, more so than the dining room.  If I hadn't painted the dining room and powder rooms and been so happy about it, then I'd never be attempting this.  However, my happiness is transcending my lack of energy and space for the stuff.  I also know that I won't leave the project unfinished for very long if interrupted, and once the room is painted and pretty, I'll be motivated to really get it in order.  Which will mean purging for sure, and possibly new furniture and a rug.  I will take the before and after photos, but who knows whether they will be posted since my camera - photo - photo storage - computer space situation is so perilous. For the record, we're going from a pretty lavender color to my favorite Mirage Gray.  People in my life have said "don't gray out your house" and "you should get a soft warm color in your bedroom not cool gray".  So funny.  I didn't ask them what color to paint, just told them what color when they asked.  What I want them to say is "that's great! it always feels good to finally make the change after you've thought about it so much.  You can do this."

No comments: