Tuesday, July 10, 2012

THE WEDDING GIFT

The Wedding Gift by Marlen Suyapa Bodden - The Wedding Gift is so good that I've completely forgotten the other good books that I've read these past few weeks. You can run out and get it now, and don't even finish reading my review! I started it yesterday, and basically didn't put it down or do anything else until I finished it. Just for the record, this week my calendar is completely blank, so I decided that today would be a vacation day. Took my book to the beach and read to my heart's content. This is the story about a slave girl named Sarah in the 1850s and her family and owners. I didn't read the back cover before reading the book, and I suggest not reading it, because it basically tells the entire story in a paragraph, and what fun is that? If you've ever liked any of the books I've recommended, then I recommend that you read this one next. Something is happening in this story until the very last page.

No comments: