Monday, July 9, 2012

SEARCHING FOR TINA TURNER

Searching For Tina Turner by Jacqueline E. Luckett - I couldn't resist reading Jacqueline's first novel after enjoying Passing Love last week. At 55 years old, Lena has it all, loving successful husband, two children, beautiful home, but she's in a funk. And that's all I'm going to tell you because you've got to read it yourself to find out what happens and why Tina Turner's name is in the title. I loved Lena and all the women in this book, as well as the story and the way it's written. It speaks to the woman who feels trapped in a great life, and it's a fairy tale about what she can make happen if she puts her mind to it. I love that she and her friends are in their fifties and going strong. I hope Jacqueline E. Luckett continues to write these great stories about strong women who embrace life and the world around them.

No comments: