Monday, May 30, 2011

CLUTTERBUSTING * BLACK SWAN

Clutterbusting by Brooks Palmer - I think I met Brooks at our library a few years ago, and after his talk, he actually came to my house and looked around and encouraged me to get rid of all kinds of stuff. He didn't have an answer for how to get Steve to get rid of even a spec, though, and ultimately that's what we're talking about. Ha! I had no idea then, how much worse it could get! If Brooks saw my house now, he'd make me a before in his next book. Then, I was just a person with a few pieces of mail that she hadn't gone through. This is a great book, and is one of my top two in the organizing and getting your life together category. The other is by my friend Mary's sister Anne. I'll re-read it and review it soon. The weather is cooling off, and I bought some darling chairs at a garage sale yesterday, and they are motivating me to some sunroom and painting action. And I sold three things on Craigslist this week! Yea! The Bose speakers, the dolphin painting and well, I've sold two things on Craigs, and the third thing I'm supposed to sell today or tomorrow. An earring tree. Nevertheless at least some things are going out the door. Just so you know, this post is being written on August 28, 2011, not May something. Sometimes I put the titles into my blog so that I can remember to write the post later that day. These two titles fell between the cracks so to speak, but here's how to backdate posts. Just get the titles in place and write any time!

Black Swan - This is the Natalie Portman movie about ballet. It's a weird thriller, and I didn't like it, but somehow I watched it until the end. That ballet world seems very stuck up. I don't know how the ballet people all stand each other if they are really as depicted in the movies. Maybe the movie people are envious of the dancers and get them back by giving them bad cred in bad movies. Possibly if you're into ballet, you liked this movie, but it seems like you could watch some real ballet and do without the nuttiness.

No comments: