Tuesday, October 19, 2010

THE TIME TRAVELER"S WIFE

The Time Traveler's Wife - I just finished watching the movie which is on HBO this month. It's a great story about a man who cannot control his time travel. He never knows where he'll go or what year it will be. The music was bigger than the movie, but other than that, it's the perfect way to spend an evening, especially if you'd read and enjoyed the book. I'm happy that I'd read the book ages ago, and that the details in the story were fuzzy, because I'm always disappointed when a movie script takes too much license with a book. Considering that it didn't last long at the movies, it was pretty good.

On another note, I got a few things done today. The first progress I've made around the house in ages. Put a ton of stuff on Craigslist, put up a small amount of fall decor, including adding a little spiff to the dining room chandelier, did a lot of paperwork, made a call or two, saw the movie and a couple of other shows which brought the DVR percentage down, started to get the new digital cable boxes from Concast set up on two of the tvs, took Peter to Game Stop for his new game, checked American Apparel for tube socks for my goddaughter's holloween costume, etc. Well, to be honest, that might be all that I did, and etc. is read the paper and take a bunch of Scrabble turns on fb, and check and reply to emails incessantly. It feels good. I took a few pictures and plan to post them tomorrow, to show my little fall vignette. It's little, but it's an improvement over the junk which had been in its place for pretty much the entire spring and summer. Yea.

No comments: