Friday, October 22, 2010

CAN'T REMEMBER

I had something to blog about, and I've forgotten what it was. I thought of it a number of times; it crossed my mind and I was pretty sure that it was big enough that I'd remember it when ready to put fingers to keyboard. I don't think I wrote it down, but I don't remember. Anyway, like I said the other day, I made a little house progress. Went downstairs and found my fall front door decor:
It's really pretty, and I love its verticality. I wish it were a little more orange and less red, but since it's got the red it will take us right into Christmas. I was inspired, so I emptied off the top of the painted cabinet in the dining room (it had stuff I wanted to sell or otherwise deal with on it for months) which turned out to be good luck, because someone came over and bought the clear etched depression glasses from their new spot on the dining room table until I could deal with them, and now they are in a happy new home and dealt with! OK, so after clearing off and dusting and fixing the fabric runner that was a piece of fabric folded over and not sewn (I pinned a hem onto it), I created this little vignette with all the rest of the fall decorations:
I think it's sweet. A little early for the pilgrims, but considering that I usually forget about them, I'm happy to have their presence. The Japanese Lanterns are home grown, and the last ones I have, because the plants did not flower this year. I love them because they remind me of my grandmother. She had them right outside the front door which is where I have them. All summer long they don't do much, and then in the fall...voila...the lanterns. The other stuff is this 'n that from the mart. I might get ambitious and put a piece of orange or black paper over the little oil painting and then put something fall on the paper. A picture, a leaf or two, something. We'll see, and I'm open to ideas.
Pretty Bird was so happy to have me working in the dining room. Did she sense that it made me happy to do so? She was chirping and talking and adding to the happiness. Here's our little green bird that afternoon:

Gotta get her a new perch, and withstand Steve's comments.

No comments: