Saturday, October 23, 2010

THINKING DRASTICALLY

I am seriously thinking about taking a month off from the computer. So, no Facebook and Facebook Scrabble, no email, no this 'n that. The exception would be to list my stuff on Craigslist, but no Craigslist shopping. I could set up one of those automatic email responses that says I am off my computer for one month, and if you want to talk to me or buy something, you have to call me at home. Then if you're a friend, you'll call me, because you know my number, and if you're responding to an ad, you'll call me because I always put the phone number in the ads. Basically I'd be free of this huge time-taker-upper. I'm willing to miss whatever I'll miss by not looking at email. Having to go through a month worth of email at the end of it might not be worth it. It will take a day or more to catch up. So the question is....in a given month, does the computer take up a day or more of my time that could be spent otherwise accomplishing things? If you look around here, you might say yes. Discipline isn't my middle name when it comes to the computer.
I might or might not do this, and it might or might not be with any warning. Just one day THAT'S IT!
Oh, and of course I'd blog. But then could I search for the images that I like to have accompany the reviews? I think that would be OK. As long as I do it quick. I just went around and took 14 pictures of different areas of the first and second floors of my house that are a mess. I just can't bring myself to post them, though, so that's how bad it is. You are saying so iron it, put it away, sew it, read it, throw it away, put it somewhere until you sell it, pack it and send it, make a decision on it, call about it, make it, be creative! But I'm blocked. To top it off, it's an overcast rainy day, so I'm going to go bring in my soggy newspaper and read it. I've been wanting to make some grezogolo.

No comments: