Saturday, February 7, 2009

ZOMBIE PROM * VICKY CHRISTINA ETC * ALEX & ME

So now we know. Instead of plowing through that organizing job that is now necessary to perform on my office/sewing room (all the stuff from the back bedroom which shall remain inviolate from now on), I've been reading and watching stuff. This afternoon I went to see Zombie Prom, a junior high stage production in which my goddaughter had a part. It was fun, energetic and best of all, the kids were excellent actors, singers and dancers. Diana (my goddaughter) had a small part which included a few lines, and she did a great job. She has a real stage presence and is fun to watch. Her brother was part of the crew, and was visible to the audience in almost every scene change. After the play, Diana's mom Valerie, and I took a nice little walk to Blockbuster since the weather was almost 60 degrees today. We returned

Vicky Christina Barcelona - a Woody Allen picture that was most pleasant. Typical Woody storyline and characters set against beautiful backdrops in Spain. I especially liked the narrator voice.

Today I beaded with a new friend for a while, and made a coin pearl bracelet with 14K gold beads and clasp. If she and
I bead more often, I think I am going to try to use up my beading supplies, so that I can be wearing the beads rather than storing them. Before that, I finished a book, which is why I made a bracelet instead of a necklace. The book was wonderful, and made me cry and gave me inspiration:

Alex and Me is written by Irene Pepperberg who you may have seen with her African Grey Parrot, Alex at some point during the past 20 years. Irene is a scientist who set out to prove that Parrots have cognitive brains that they use to learn in a thoughtful way. In other words, they don't only mimic, they make connections.

No comments: