Wednesday, February 11, 2009

BENJAMIN BUTTON * LEATHERHEADS * THIS 'N THAT

Remember how I thought that I wouldn't have to see another movie to know that Slumdog Millionaire was the best picture of the year? I spoke too soon. I saw
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and it was the absolute most wonderful movie in ages, and possibly one for my list of all time favorite Top Ten or Top Twenty movies. I was careful not to read the short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald first, because I didn't want to have any expectations going in. Especially because I already knew which film was the best of the year, right? Anyway, the Screenplay, the Acting, the Cinematography, and all the rest that goes into making a great movie is demonstrated in this remarkable story about a person who is born elderly, and grows younger as he ages. Now I'm reading the short story, and it's as great as it always was. (I'm a big F. Scott Fitzgerald fan, and for many years, he was my favorite favorite author - I read all of his works as well as all of the biographies written about he and his family - this was in Junior High and High School - pretty nerdy, right?) Just see it. And then watch the Academy Awards, because this movie is bound to win some awards, and if not, it's only because the field was so incredible this year.
Leatherheads - Then the other night I rented this George Clooney flick and it was sweet and had some good laughs, and we learned a bit about the origins of professional football. A great little movie to watch at Superbowl time.

A Promise to Ourselves - by Alec Baldwin with Mark Tabb - I saw it on the new arrivals cart at the library, and since I love 30 Rock, thought I'd see what Alec had to say. This Journey Through Fatherhood and Divorce is no doubt all true, and it is a suggestion and a plea to the Family Courts in our land to be fair and conscientious to all the parties in Child Custody matters.

I still haven't finished up in my office, but will do so now. I have inspirational messages to myself everywhere, and I am determined to not let this project interfere in my life for one more day. This is IT! I will be so relieved to have this finished. I'm also trying to figure out why I reserved a CD by Jamey Johnson...it's country music; I like his voice, but there must have been a certain song. When I finish this organizing project, I'll be able to make Scrabble Pants for my niece, make my black lined skirt, make my tweed skirt and jacket, also lined, make the black and white tote and the pink canvas tote, and maybe even make some dress up clothes for my nieces, as well as the ironing board cover to match the skirt on my sewing table, and the list goes on.....I hope to post after pics later this afternoon, but for now,
Here's what I'm still dealing with:
Just to add some icing onto my cake, I've offered to have my Bead Group here tomorrow! Which means some Dining Room and Kitchen attention as well as a menu of some sort which can be really simple, so that's no problem. With dreams of posting the After pics in a little while, it is now 1 :15.

No comments: