Monday, July 11, 2016

KITCHENS OF THE GREAT MIDWEST

Image result for kitchens of the great midwest coverKitchens of the Great Midwest by J. Ryan Stradal - This is pretty much the best book I've read in ages no matter what I said or wrote the last few weeks. First of all, it's not depressing and sad and emotional like the others. The writing is much more streamlined, not designed to artificially pull at your heart, but if it does, it's on you. The only reason I'm depressed is because it's over! I want to keep reading these short stories where each main character might appear as a supporting character in the next one's story. Today I'm going to make Pat Prager's award winning Peanut Butter Bars. I'm not normally a bar lover, but the ingredients are few and fast to put together, so even though it's going to be 90 out there, I'm going to bake since we're sailing tonight, and a little chocolate something something is a very happy thing. Eva Thorvald is someone you will know because you knew her when she was young, except that you won't know if you know her, will you? It's modern and moves along and I can't say enough about this book. Thanks to Laura D. for the recommendation and thanks to J. Ryan Stradal for writing it. I could turn around and read it again right now.

No comments: