Monday, December 13, 2010

I REMEMBER NOTHING * THE UNCOMMON READER

I Remember Nothing by Nora Ephron - You can't go wrong with Nora. She'll be writing fresh and fun when she's 100, and we can all not remember it together. These short funny personal stories seem even funnier than her previous books, but who really remembers? My favorite is the story about meeting people who you know you know, may or may not remember how you know them, know that you may have spent a whole weekend with them at some point, but still can't remember them.


The Uncommon Reader A Novella by Alan Bennett - There's nothing for it, really. The queen stumbles onto the library on wheels, meets a lowly young cook from the royal kitchen, picks up a book and soon becomes a reader. So what this tiny little read is about, is about reading. It's highly enjoyable, but for me, sad to say, went nowhere at the end. Nevertheless, if one is a reader, all the rest of the book is worth the read. One meant to mark a sentence or phrase here or there, but suffice it to say, if one is a reader, one will know just when one has come upon one of the gems in this tasty moresel.

Remembering what to do today. My lists are long. Very long, and I'm going to try to do one of those days where I go off the list and just keep doing things as I come across them. Something important will be to once and for all put things away in my room, since I never completed the put-away after selling the big dresser. Here goes!

No comments: