Thursday, December 2, 2010

DECORATING FOR THE HOLIDAYS

...or should I say holidaze. I can't believe the season is already here. It doesn't feel like it inside my messy little world of home and stuff to constantly do. Which is my own doing. I don't know what I'd do if I had no long list of things to do constantly ahead of me and in my path. I only wish I could always just do the things I want to do, and not the things I have to do. Which means get someone in here to clean! But I've been unable to give up the control of how it's done. It either gets done my way or not at all. Oh well. ANYWAY I did get started on a couple of pretty trees in the dining room. My theme this year is all silver and white with a bit of black here and there. Above is the Silver Tree, purchased at a garage sale last summer. No lights, just the white and silver ornaments. Here's the white tree with the silver ornaments....if I have time, I might change out the red ribbons for white. I love the way the tree is reflected in the mirror, and then if you look in the mirror behind the tree, you see the reflection of one of my mirror trees. Here's a card-worthy picture of a star in the white tree: Now back to the silver tree where I added this old fashioned looking doll I picked up at a craft fair years ago. And last but not least, one of my favorite ornaments, purchased when Peter was a baby. This is one I'd save when it comes down to it. The snowbaby. So soft, so peaceful, so comforting. I love the snowbaby. Oops...there is a problem loading pics into Blogger now, I'll have to add them later....

No comments: