Saturday, November 20, 2010

AVATAR

Avatar - Finally. This was one of the biggest news movies of last year. And it was amazing. Visually, it's one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen. I loved the jungle all lit up at night, and the magic of the Avatar bodies. The story was age old....war monger white men from earth want something valuable from a new land, and are willing to kill and destroy whatever is in their way to get it. That's the simple story. The rest of the story is of love, of dreams, of nature and of spirituality. And that's why you really watch this movie. A don't miss...and don't worry, it takes only a few minutes to get involved with the story.

So it's almost Thanksgiving, and tonight we are going to a tongue in cheek Thanksgiving party given by the Griswolds, that middle american family from the Vacation movies. They are buying kegs and frying up turkeys. We are bringing a dish to pass, so I am making Ritz Mock Apple Pie, which is Apple Pie with no apples. I've got the Ritz crackers at the ready, and am ready to roll out the dough. It's not even noon and I've washed my hair, sold a paella pan, gone to a house sale, walked to town, checked in at the bank, saw our village Thanksgiving day parade, caught up on 10 fb Scrabble games, and written this blog! whew. Of course, pretty much NONE of that was on any list of things I have to do.

No comments: