Friday, July 18, 2014

IF IT'S NOT ONE THING, IT'S YOUR MOTHER * THE SECRETS OF HAPPINESS

 Blue books are smiling at me.....nothing but blue books do I see.....I had a better expression/phrase/pun yesterday for this, but can't remember it now! 

If It's Not One Thing, It's Your Mother by Julia Sweeney - Julia gained fame on Saturday Night Live as the androgynous character Pat, and now she's a Wilmette mom who writes and performs.  The book is a series of essays pulled together to tell the story of how her life changed when she decided to have a child.  It gets better and better as you read and get to know her clever personality and thoughtful humor.  Definitely a great read for all moms, and a must read for Wilmette moms because it's so nice to know that she's one, too.  
The Secrets of Happiness - Swap worry and anxiety for joy and contentment and CHOOSE to live in happier way How to Love Life, Laugh More, and Live Longer by Lois Blyth - This book has two extra titles!  It's really all the same stuff you know if you've ever read about how to be happy and why it's important, so we'll call this a refresher course that's easy and fast to read with cheerful and pretty pages and pictures accenting the important words on every page. 

Oh!  Just thought of it - Bluebooks of Happiness!  



Tomorrow I'm going to have a driveway sale, and it's already almost 1 pm the day before and I don't have enough tables, haven't priced anything and my closets and shelves are still pretty full. There is stuff all over the dining room, though, and I'm going to see if I can't sell some big ticket items to get an airier feel in here.  Wish  me luck! It would be great to walk into the dining room tomorrow afternoon and see nothing all over the floors. 

No comments: