Saturday, January 19, 2013

THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER * INSIDE

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - I love coming of age stories and high school movies.  This is a really good one.  It's about a boy starting high school after what we'll call a tough time, and his ensuing experiences and relationships.  The characters are wonderful - in that mature idealistic carefree heavy thoughtful high school way.  These characters will stay with me for awhile, and whenever this movie is on TV, I think it might be one of those that I watch no matter what.   Like Dirty Dancing, Clueless, 16 Candles, Casablanca, Miracle on 34th Street, and so many others.  If this is your genre, you can't go wrong.  If you have a high school girl, there's a good chance that she will like this one.  

Inside by Alix Ohlin - I really enjoy Alix Ohlin's writing.  This is a timeline story, but I never fell into the chapters that way.  For me it was about the characters.  Grace, Anne, Mitch, Tug, and the characters we meet through their eyes. And isn't this a beautiful cover? 

No comments: